- Your distribution system operator
- Customer offices nearby
- Jobs in your neighbourhood
- Submitting your meter reading
- Available subsidies
- New connection (gaz/electricity)
You are here
Who is Eandis?
Eandis System Operator cvba is an independent distribution company for electricity and natural gas, with registered office at Brusselsesteenweg 199, 9090 Melle, Belgium. VAT BE 0477.445.084 - Register of Legal Entities Ghent, Ghent division. In the context of the execution of our tasks, we, at Eandis, gather personal data of our clients in a file managed by Eandis.
Below you can find an overview of the most important questions about the processing of your personal data. Do you have any questions about our privacy statement? You can always contact us for additional information. You can call our free phone number: 0800 63 300. Or use one of our other contact options. On the website of the Flemish Regulator of the Electricity and Gas Market (VREG) you can also find additional information about the privacy aspects of digital energy meters.
Our Privacy Statement contains information about the following topics:
- Which personal data are involved?
- What will Eandis do with these personal data?
- Which methods are used to protect the privacy of your personal data?
- Which personal data do we share with others?
- What rights do you have with regard to the processing of your personal data?
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- How do we ensure compliance with our Privacy Statement?
- How do we ensure cooperation with supervisory authorities?
- How are changes to the current Privacy Statement implemented?
Eandis processes personal data in the framework of the execution of our statutory tasks. We only do this to be able to provide a better service. We collect personal data in the following ways:
- Personal data collected directly by Eandis:
- Identity data;
- Address data;
- Email address;
- Mobile, fax and telephone number;
- Date and place of birth;
- Marital status and legal cohabitation;
- Preferred language;
- National registration number;
- Data relating to the REG and RWG premiums paid;
- Any business data, such as the company number and/or VAT number, if the information relates to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Technical data in the context of network management.
- Measurement data required for the purposes of research into the use of digital energy meters.
- Measurement data for invoicing purposes.
- Your EAN number which is kept by Eandis as a unique identification key.
- Other personal data obtained by Eandis via third parties, such as the Crossroads Bank for Social Security, the Land Registry Office, etc. More information can be found on this via the link.
- In the context of digital meters: the collected meter readings will only be used to test the operation of the meters. We do not pass these personal data on to third parties. On the website of the Flemish Regulator of the Electricity and Gas Market (VREG) you can also find additional information about the personal data collected by Eandis in the context of digital energy meters.
- To enable automated decisions: for example, some users will be studied further if their consumption is abnormal. Their files are then investigated further to check that the data are correct.
- Otherwise, your personal data are used by Eandis only for the following purposes:
- The execution of legal obligations;
- The implementation of regulatory or contractual relationship(s) with the customer;
- The execution of the activities necessary under the terms of the agreement between the customer and the Local Advisory Committees (OCMWs, etc.) and other government agencies;
- Surveys on work carried out, deliveries or other tasks assigned to the network operator carried out at the customer site, in order to improve service quality.
- Under certain conditions, the data can be made available to third parties, always with a maximum respect for privacy and only in the context of public service obligations imposed on the network operator. If data transfer to third parties is necessary, the customer will be informed in advance.
- The data will not be disclosed to third parties other than those referred to in this privacy statement and will not be used for research and development, promotional, commercial or direct marketing purposes.
- Eandis uses the personal data in the context of the fulfilment of its public service obligations based on the Decree regarding the regulation of the right to a minimum supply of electricity, gas and water, the Electricity Act (29 April 1999), the Natural Gas Act (12 April 1965), the Royal Decree (25 June 2009)and the Energy Decree or its implementing decisions:
- The provision of information and any prior consultation in the event of an interruption of the electricity and gas supply with regard to network construction, maintenance and repair;
- The characteristics of the supplied electric power, natural gas pressure and natural gas quality at the access point;
- The periods within which applications for new connections and adjustments of connections are processed and carried out;
- The periods within which complaints and questions from customers are processed;
- The invoicing to customers, holders of the access contract or network operators;
- The granting of a reduced rate;
- The provision of information to customers and applicants requesting a connection to the grid;
- The processing of complaints by customers and applicants requesting a connection to the grid;
- The additional public service obligations may relate to:
- Their investments in the network;
- The supply of electricity or natural gas to each customer purchasing electricity or natural gas for private domestic use;
- The provision of information to local advisory committees of which, among others, the OCMW and network operators are members.
Eandis ensures that users are protected against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data held by Eandis.
Eandis also takes other appropriate physical, electronic and organisational measures. They must rule out unauthorised access, unauthorised use, loss and unauthorised alteration and are included in our Corporate Governance Charter (appendix 3). When required and possible, personal data will always be anonymised. These measures are regularly subjected to internal and external audits to evaluate their effectiveness.
Eandis will not share personal data with third parties other than the exceptions listed or only with the express, prior consent of the customer. Eandis will always ensure that these personal data are processed in a fair, legitimate, proportionate and transparent way.
Eandis only shares the following personal data:
- For legal reasons:
- Your meter readings, which we will only share with energy suppliers to prepare final invoices. The personal data concerned are not used for marketing purposes.
- For external processing purposes: Eandis only shares personal data in accordance with our Privacy Statement and other appropriate measures to ensure the confidentiality and quality of your personal data.
- If this is required, taking into account the interests of the network user, to represent the legitimate interests of Eandis or of a third party (e.g. network operators). For more information: click here.
- To improve the quality of the service, personal data may be used for surveys or for information campaigns relating to the legal assignments of the network operators and may, in this context, be transferred to third parties engaged by Eandis. The customer may oppose such use when providing the necessary data to Eandis by submitting a complaint.
Using the contact options shown below, you may exercise your rights set out below with regard to the processing of your personal data by Eandis, except where this would require a disproportionate effort by Eandis:
- To request access to your personal data held by Eandis;
- To request that we correct or delete your personal data or only further process these to a limited extent;
- By submitting a complaint to a supervisory authority (in Belgium: see: https://www.privacycommission.be).
Contact options to exercise your rights:
- Just send a written, dated and signed request to: Eandis cvba, Brusselsesteenweg 199, 9090 Melle, Belgium;
- Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The EAN code can be requested via our contact form.
Subject to proof of identity or a power of attorney we will send you your personal data (free of charge).
Eandis will ensure that your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary. The retention period depends on the purpose for which they were collected:
- In many cases, personal data must be kept for a further period to ensure that they are available if there are questions or disputes;
- Because Eandis strives to offer the tasks imposed by the applicable legislation in such a way that these personal data are protected against accidental or malicious destruction, it is possible that, after your personal data are deleted from our applications, remaining copies are not immediately deleted from our active applications or back-up systems.
We will treat your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement as long as we hold them.
We regularly carry out audits to make sure we comply with our own Privacy Statement.
When we receive formal complaints via the above contact options, we will contact the person who made the complaint to discuss any follow-up actions.
We work together with the relevant regulatory authorities, in particular with the Privacy Commission, to solve complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
In the event of a judicial investigation or a request from the police, data may be transferred in accordance with privacy legislation, without the prior agreement of the customer. This will always be under the supervision of the judicial and police authorities, and your details will never be transferred for other (e.g. commercial) purposes.
Under certain conditions data must be transferred to the administrative authorities responsible for the recovery of tax and social security-related claims.